How to Clean a Swimming Pool Using a Vacuum Cleaner
One of the best ways to clean a swimming pool is by using a vacuum cleaner. A vacuum cleaner is a good option for cleaning outdoor pools since it removes dust. Alternatively, you can use a pool filter to remove larger debris. These traditional methods can be problematic if you have a lot of debris.
Using a vacuum cleaner to clean a swimming pool
Using a vacuum cleaner to clean sand, algae, and debris from a swimming pool can be a challenging task. You must be patient and follow the proper vacuuming techniques. Generally, it is best to start at the shallow end of the pool and move slowly upward. If the pool is round, start from one side and work your way around. Use long sweeping strokes and overlap the sweeping strokes to get rid of any debris. Also, be sure to turn off the suction power of the vacuum cleaner if the water gets stuck on the vacuum head.
Pool vacuums for your swimming pool come in manual and automatic varieties. The manual models include a telescopic pole and a vacuum head. Be sure to select a vacuum head with a clear mounting area for the pole.
Cleaning with a telescopic pole
A telescopic pole can be used for a variety of cleaning and maintenance tasks. For example, it can be used to hold a brush or a skimmer net. This type of cleaning equipment is commonly used in outdoor swimming pools. It is also an affordable alternative to buying more expensive equipment.
A professional-grade telescopic pole allows the cleaner to reach far reaches of the pool. It extends up to 16 feet, which allows it to reach all areas of the pool. A stainless steel locking pin allows the pole to be secured at any length. It can also be easily shortened for storage.
A telescopic pole also has a set of tools to clean a swimming pool. It has a hose that reaches all parts of the pool, and a vacuum head that can be attached to the pole. The pole can be used to vacuum dirt and algae from the pool’s bottom, and it can be used to clean the pool’s walls and floor.
Swimart are one of Australia’s most lovable and leading pool & spa brands.
For almost 40 years, Swimart have built a strong reputation for making pool care easy by offering the latest range of chemicals, equipment and also the most convenient home service solutions.
- Swimming pool pumps – Whether you are looking for a pump for a new swimming pool, or a replacement pump, Swimart has a great range of energy-efficient pool pumps to choose from. Ancillary pumps including Aquastream Solar, Energy Saving Pumps and Single Speed Pumps
- Filters and Filtration Systems – Filtration systems help ensure pool water remains free from debris and other contaminants which is important for maintaining swimmers’ health, safety and happiness
- Salt Water Chlorinators – Swimart offers a variety of chlorinators designed to help you keep your pool water in tip top condition. Salt Water Chlorinators produce chlorine that sanitises the pool water.
- Minerals & Salts – Sanitation products that enhance your overall swimming experience
- Pool chemicals – These include algaecides, balancing chemicals and clarifiers, oxidisers, spa chemicals and “trouble shooters’
- Robotic Pool Cleaners – Robotic Pool Cleaners run independently from the pool filtration system, trapping debris in self-contained compartments and working off a systematic cleaning approach